Thursday, June 21, 2007

Baltimore! Brooklyn! All Civilized, Destroyed!


Today I'll be joining forces with Tao Lin to read the shit out of some prose. Yeah, that's right. I'll be reading some words, not comics. Because reading comics aloud is like whistling a sun set. Or something like that.

Things will happen this way:

Atomic Pop
June 21st
7-9PM. Free
3620 Falls Rd. Hampden, Baltimore

Then, hang on! Tomorrow I'll be at Rocketship in Brooklyn, where I will not only sign books, but there will be some alcoholic beverages, and some of my bloated, swaggering original art for sale on the walls. The whole debacle is a prelude to MoCCA...

What the police report will say:

Rocketship
June 22nd
8PM. Free
(Beverages provided by Six Point Craft Ales and Smith and Vine)
208 Smith Street, Brooklyn, New York

And then I'll be at MoCCA, signing books, but primarily picking up a copy of what is sure to be one of the best books of comics ever wrangled into a single volume: "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks." I got a chance to flip through it while I was in Richmond, and I could hardly control my brain.



MoCCA
At the Fantagraphics Table
Saturday: 3 to 4
Sunday: 12 to 2
Puck Building (293 Lafayette at Houston), New York City

See you in a place, if I am there, and you are there, and no one is invisible or visually impaired.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blue Beetle!! I wish I had known.
Glad to see my directions from the rental agency did not get sen dyou to the bottom of the ocean or the mountains of WV. Or if they did, I'm even happier to see you survived.

Unknown said...

Hi Paul,

For a taste of Fletcher Hanks, your readers may want to go to the BONUS page of my website to feast their eyes on a Fantomah slideshow that does NOT appear in the book.

www.fletcherhanks.com

-Paul Karasik

P.S. Paul, send me an e-mail through that site. I have a nice pic for you!