Saturday, March 22, 2008

Omega in New York, Dartmouth


On April 2nd and 3rd, the gang behind Omega the Unknown will be convening on the east coast. April 2nd, the entire group (Jonthan Lethem, Farel Dalyrmple, Gary Panter, Karl Rusnak, and myself) will be signing at Rocketship in Brooklyn. The following day, Jonathan, Farel, and I will be hopping into a car and rolling toward Dartmouth College (whose motto "Vox clamantis in deserto", or, apparently, "a voice crying out in the wilderness," causes me concern... as does the fact that such a reputable school still can't spell me last name correctly), where James Sturm will moderate a discussion about... well, whatever it is that will spill out of our mouths. I look forward to making Ivy League-level fart jokes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the motto means "The voice *of one* crying in the desert." A voice crying in the desert would be "vox clamans in deserto."

-Professor Snortlechump

Paul Hornschemeier said...

Really? Gosh. I saw that there were two translations floating around. But I guess someone should tell Dartmouth, because I got that translation from them.

I should never have trusted, given the name misspelling. Curses!