Friday, August 24, 2007

The Wild and Floating Brain of Spike Jonze


Spike Jonze has long been one of my favorite modern directors. Few directors (Michel Gondry arguably among them) have shown the ability to surpass Jonze in inventiveness and, well, just plain fun in film.

A perfect example of that invention and fun is this (above) commercial (which I never saw on television, but loved from the second I caught it on the internet). The effortless hypnogogic floating in this video makes me all the more excited to see what he does with "Where the Wild Things Are" (a sneak peek of which is below). The film's October 2008 release can't come soon enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hypnogogic"? Is that word allowed?

Paul Hornschemeier said...

Oh, it's allowed when it comes to Spike Jonze, for sure. I'd be curious to know who "anonymous" is, though.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, It's Dan. I don't have a proper identity on the internets yet.

Paul Hornschemeier said...

That was one of my top guesses. Having a proper identity on any of the internets is highly overrated.